Need A Piece Of Black Silk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A Piece Of Black Silk

I need a piece of black silk or cotton for an armband. If anyone has a piece they are not using. I know its not authentic. But, we are wearing armbands in memory of a reenactor KIA in Iraq, last year.

Thanks.
    Jerry Holmes
    28th GA. Inf
    65th GA. Inf (GGG-Grandfather)

Re: Need A Piece Of Black Silk

A super nice lady of this forum is sending me a piece of black silk.

Thanks !
    Jerry Holmes
    28th GA. Inf

Comment

"I need a piece of black silk or cotton for an armband. If anyone has a piece they are not using. I know its not authentic. But, we are wearing armbands in memory of a reenactor KIA in Iraq, last year. "

It may not be as inauthentic as you think. From the 1861 US Army Regulations:

"299. The usual badge of military mourning is a piece of black crape around the left arm, above the elbow, and also upon the sword-hilt; and will be worn when in full or in undress.

300. As family mourning, crape will be worn by officers (when in uniform) only around the left arm."

I think you can go ahead and wear crape in memory of your colleague without doing any violence to authenticity.

A few years ago I had need of some and bought a roll of 3" wide black crepe-type stuff in a ribbon outlet store.

regards
      Ron Myzie

Comment

Ron, Thanks !
        Jerry Holmes
        28th GA. Inf

Comment

Working...
        X