X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Unit in SC

Esteemed members of the A-C,

I'm heading back east to SC, and was hoping to join a campaign unit out there. I did an initial search, but didn't have much success. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you for all the help.
    Respectfully,
    John Turner
    John "Red' Turner

Re: Seeking Unit in SC

I would look up the PLHA. Neill Rose is a good point of contact.

Regards,
    Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Drop me a line. I'm in the Midlands.
      David Culberson
      20th SCVI/Palmetto Battalion
      Lexington, SC

Comment

I would second giving Neil Rose a call.He's a great guy.
        Derek Carpenter
        Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Originally posted by John "Red" Turner View Post
          Can anyone point me in the right direction?
          John,

I'll gladly pile on to the PLHA recommendations. You can find Neill's contact information by searching "Iron Scout" on this forum. His phone number and current email are both listed.

You might as well join up with the best there is down there in Palmettoland, and you'll be pleasantly surprised the PLHA is more than just campaigners. They have members at the next two levels, as well. For example, their work with the McCrae papers speaks for itself.

Not to be a big green meanie, but I'm going to close this thread, and move it to The Sinks, in light of the recent thread about the AC Forum not being a "unit matching service," although a list of "Campaigner seeking campaigner. Must like salt pork, corn mush, and long walks in the pineyforest" could be funny for a while. :tounge_sm

(Two instances of glowing praise in one day. I must be slipping.)
          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Working...
          X