This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The job hunt begins.

So here is my shameless Sinks post. Im wrapping up phase 1 of my university career and am seeking gainful employ. If anyone has their ear to the ground, hears of anything, or is in the position to hire, drop me a line and we'll talk more. I have a BS in history with a certification in Public and Applied History.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Justin Runyon[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]; Pumpkin Patch Mess: [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua]WIG-GHTI[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Organization of American Historians[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Company of Military Historians[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]CWPT, W.M., Terre Haute #19[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] F&AM[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Terre Haute Chapter 11 RAM[/FONT]

Re: The job hunt begins.

Any Starbucks shops in your area? Coffee People?

Just joshing--congrats on finishing your degree!
    Regards,
    Elizabeth Clark

Comment

Alternate route and becoming a high school teacher in an urban area. Good luck on chasing your dreams.

Respectfully,
      RN because it pays better than the EMT thing.
      Ted Siljowicz

Comment

I apply my BA in History with minors in English and Political Science to the dental supply industry.
        Andy Ackeret
        A/C Staff
        Mess No. 3 / Hard Head Mess / O.N.V

Comment

Justin,

FYI the Museum of the Confederacy is seeking a Manager to the Public Relations Department. Ms. Megan Miller is the current manager but will be leaving for a better opportunity in Washington D. C. in two weeks. I'm not sure if they have found another person to take over her position yet. She can be reached at 804-649-1862 Ext. 13 or mmiller@moc.org. I work with some very nice people here in Richmond.

Regards,

Jason
          Jason C. Spellman
          Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

My BA in history got me a job in a psychology lab. Why do I know so many psychology majors that can't find a job in their field? I know they're not working at historic sites.
            David Casey

Comment

The fire department is allways hiring. Best Job In The World! :D
              Regards,
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]J.L. Hurst[/I][/FONT]

[B][FONT="Arial Black"]Independant Rifles[/FONT][/B]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Like vandals of old through our land they did ride
              With Hunger and Death always close by their side.
              Came Terror, his herald - but the wailing comes first . . .
              We know he is coming, That demon called Hurst[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I] Who ate my Nutter Butter!?!? Said the angry yet still hungry fellow from Gulf Port[/I][/FONT].[/SIZE]

Comment

"Join the people who join the Army"

Comment

My history degree translated into a career as a computer sys admin. Oh well. :confused_
                  Frank Perkin

Comment

My BA (in History), MA (In Historic Preservation), and MPhil (in History) have all translated into Real Estate! Hope you can find a job in Middle Tennessee! I'll help you find a house!

Seriously, we ALL hope you can find that perfect job in history! DO NOT give up!
                    PATRICK CRADDOCK
                    Prometheus No. 851
                    Franklin, Tennessee
                    Widows' Sons Mess
                    www.craftsmansapron.com

Aut Bibat Aut Abeat

Can't fix stupid... Johnny Lloyd

Comment

There is at least one opening for an administrator at one of our state historic sites in Missouri. It's a grist mill/covered bridge site in SE MO. You might get yourself on the register for this position if interested or future ones.

Can't give you the website addy off the top of my head since I am at home but if you do a search for Missouri Office of Administration and then click on the Personnel section, you'll find the job descriptions, application process etc.

We don't get much turnover in the system at the facility head level because people generally like what they do but a lot of the old timers are starting to think about retirement and I foresee a number of openings coming up. It might avail you to be on the register just in case.

If you go this route and want some tips about filling out these merit apps or the system in general, give me a holler.
                      Michael Comer
                      one of the moderator guys

Comment

Justin,

My BA in Historic Preservation led me down the path of retail accounting for the past 20 years.

History don't pay. My friends in college used to call it "pre-poverty" instead of pre-law or pre-med.

Good luck and pay off those bills now.
                        Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Justin,

My BS in History took me to the United States Marine Corps, first as an Infantry Officer and later as a pilot. I am now a corporate pilot with plenty of time to chase my Civil War dreams and history.

Rick Snyder
                          Major, USMC Ret.
                          Private, Co. D 116th PVI

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Beasley View Post
                            "Join the people who join the Army"
                            Can't beat that job.:D
                            Good luck with what ever you do.
                            Jim Clark

Comment

I know you’re passionate about history but I also know that the Veterans Administration will be hiring again.

It’s a great place to work as long as you don’t have to sit near a certain retired CPO and listen to his daily tirades.

Let me know if you’re interested.
                              Bill Young
                              WIG/GHTI and a Hoosier by the grace of God
                              Jubilee Lodge #746 F&AM Whiteland, IN

[URL=http://ghti.authentic-campaigner.com/]G.H. Thomas' Invincibles[/URL]

[URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X