Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Florida authentic units?

Pards,

Reelocated to South Florida last year and haven't been able to find a quality unit out here. Anyone know of any authentics in this area? Help is appreciated.

Aaron Clift

Re: South Florida authentic units?

I can't say that south Florida is the hotbed of authentic living history or reenacting, but there are several of us throughout the state who tend to hook up in messes and have been known to attend some quality events with the WIG or AoP. There are also several southern companies who fall in with SCAR (www.geocities.com/SCAR/) who include the 48th NY, 1st Georgia Regulars, and the Pug Uglies mess (Orlando area), etc. You can send me a PM for more info if you need. Best of luck to you and welcome to Florida!
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Aaron:

What about The Buckras? Let me know if you need Clif Hick's email address and I'll try and get it from him.

Regards,
      Jason C. Spellman
      Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

I was including the Buckras in the above message, as thats who I roll with for anything worth going to.
        Ross L. Lamoreaux
        rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Thanks Gents! In the process of checking out those links as we speak. It has been slim pickings down here on that front till now.

Appreciate it.

Aaron Clift

Comment

Aaron;
            Sent you a p.m.

Kindest Regards;
            Harold Adams
            Co. F, 48th NYVI
            "On occupation duty in Florida"

Here we are, some with whole skins, and some not so whole. Others have been left behind. For myself, I can only wonder if there is a bone left in my carcass when I think of the wholesale carnage through which I have passed. My bruises are inward.
            Pvt. J. Haley, Co I, 17th Maine Vols., 9 June 1865

Comment

Working...
            X