Cinncinnati Arsenal Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinncinnati Arsenal Patterns

Does anyone know of a source for patterns for the 4 button blouses and trousers that were supplied out of the Cinncinnati arsenal? Or, someone who is reproducing these?

Thanks

Ronnie
    Ronnie Hull
    Lt Co G 3rd La / Co C 48th OVI
    Shreveport, La

Independent Rifles and all of hell followed "
    Western Independent Greys

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

2009 Bummers November 13 - 16
    2010 Vicksburg L.O.L February 5-7
    Before the Breakout September 10-12

Re: Cinncinnati Arsenal Patterns

Cincinnati was a collection and distribution point for goods coming from government contractors. The most notable and possibly the largest contract blouse to go through Cin. was the JT Martin blouse. Most "high end" sutlers reproduce or sell reproduced JT Martin blouses.
    Joseph Hofmann

Comment

Thanks for that info! I do however see one in EOG Page 125 ( Union of course ) and that was why my question initially. I have one of your fine blouses now. Thanks

Ronnie
      Ronnie Hull
      Shreveport, La

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

Comment

Ronnie,
        What Joe is saying is that Cincinnati was a distribution point now a manufacturing arsenal. Most of the coats that went through Cinci, were JT Martin. Also, as numerous articles point out- the US gov't was only using ONE sack coat pattern for all the manufacturing points.
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Nick,
          As it was explained to me, the pattern (or I should state clearly the guiding standard for what the US army expected for a fatigue blouse) was the same for each manufacturing facility and variances were a result of that facility. Which is why SA pattern shows extensive hand work etc. I have never once claimed to know a lot about federal uniforms so why don't you just explain to the gentleman and help in answering his question.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

hey y'all
            the reason for my question initially is that one of my men saw the coat in EOG that is listed as a 'cinncinnati arsenal' coat. He inquired if there was a pattern available so he could make one. We portray the 48th OVI and hence his interest. I currently have a made by Nick ( purchased used) , a new one bought from Skilletlicker last year and I have a cj dailey coat (purchased off this forum last week ) on the way, so I don't need anymore myself!

ronnie
            Ronnie Hull
            Shreveport, La

Comment

Working...
            X