Corduroy Civilian Frock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corduroy Civilian Frock

Can anyone tell when this image was taken? There appears to be a date on the stamp, but I can't read it.

Last edited by tmdreb; 04-28-2007, 09:24 PM. Reason: Link Added
    Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Re: Corduroy Civilian Frock

Hallo!

The image seems to be missing??

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Not much time left - but my best suggestion would be to contact the
      seller and for them to either post a higher resolution image of the stamp -
      or provide you with one.
      John S. Harmon
      Co. K, 4th US

Comment

Phil,
        Revenue tax stamps on photos started on June 30, 1864 and went to August 1, 1866. The different colors of the stamps depended on that cost of the photo.
        While fooling around with the photo of the back of the cdv, there is a date lightly stamped. To my eye it looks like it is a March 66' date. However, I am unable to make out the day.
        Then again my eyes are not once they once were.
        Dane Utter
        Washington Guard

Comment

This is what I got from the seller: "It appears to be March 23, 1866. Thank you for your interest."
          Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

Working...
          X