Stencils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stencils

years ago I bought a letter and number stencil kit out of CWTI ( I lost my collection in the last move ). It was very handy to make stencils for backpacks and etc. Does anyone know WHERE these kinds of stencils are available? I've done a web search but can't seem to find anything that resembless mid 19th century lettering techniques. Anyone have any idea's about this?

I'm just full of questions today

Ronnie
    Ronnie Hull
    Lt Co G 3rd La / Co C 48th OVI
    Shreveport, La

Independent Rifles and all of hell followed "
    Western Independent Greys

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

2009 Bummers November 13 - 16
    2010 Vicksburg L.O.L February 5-7
    Before the Breakout September 10-12

Re: Stencils

Look at original photos and cut your own. It isn't hard. If you lack the artistic ability, try your local print shop for assistance.
    Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
    WIG/GVB
    In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Comrade,

The easiest way I know to make your own is to locate a seitable font and print out the stencils full size on your printer. I use a large sheet of heavy paper, the same sort that 3X5 cards are cut from. I found them at the local Staples store. My HP printer easily handles even this heavy weight paper.

I then carefully cut them out with a steel ruler and an X-Acto knife with a new #11 blade. For a cutting surface, I bought a white Corning Glass cutting board from a kitchen supply store. It has rubber feet so it won't slide around on you, and I tape the sheet to the surface so IT won't slide around either.

Takes time, but works like a champ.

Respects,
      Tim Kindred
      Medical Mess
      Solar Star Lodge #14
      Bath, Maine

Comment

Thanks for the tips y'all, I'll do exactly that.

ronnie
        Ronnie Hull
        Lt Co G 3rd La / Co C 48th OVI
        Shreveport, La

Independent Rifles and all of hell followed "
        Western Independent Greys

Descendent of Levi W. Leech - Private, Co G Tenth Texas Cavalry, Dmtd 1861-1865, AOT

2009 Bummers November 13 - 16
        2010 Vicksburg L.O.L February 5-7
        Before the Breakout September 10-12

Comment

Working...
        X