This guy is awesome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy is awesome.

Floating through the LOC, as always, and came across this guy, who I think is awesome. Quite the opposite to, for those of you who remember, "the Woo Guy." And, oh yeah... he's in this one, too.

Snippet from LC-DIG-cwpb-04277, "Washington, District of Columbia. Quartermaster warehouses."
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ThehosGendar; 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM. Reason: Me = moron. I type can't.
    Jason R. Wickersty
    http://www.newblazingstarpress.com

Received. “How now about the fifth and sixth guns?”
    Sent. “The sixth gun is the bully boy.”
    Received. “Can you give it any directions to make it more bully?”
    Sent. “Last shot was little to the right.”
    Received. “Fearfully hot here. Several men sunstruck. Bullets whiz like fun. Have ceased firing for awhile, the guns are so hot."

- O.R.s, Series 1, Volume 26, Part 1, pg 86.

Re: This guy is awesome.

Herr Wickersty:

I thought I was the only one who scans through the LOC database, looking for those who I think are "the jauntiest of the jauntiest."

I would also like to add this dashing officer to the collection. His casual pose just cries out, "I'm the sheeit." :D This was from the Signal Corps photo that was posted on the Forum earlier (I'm sorry I can't recall the number :cry_smile ).

I remain,
    Attached Files
    Jason C. Spellman
    Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Re: This guy is awesome.

Mr. Wickersty, When I saw the picture that you posted, the first person or thought that jumped into my mind was that it looked like a tidied version of Billy Ashby. Anybody on the WC might know him and suggest that he might want to become a civilian. :wink_smil
      Really though, at first thought, I wouldn't want Mr. Attitude (guy in period photo) to date MY daughter. Waaaay too much confidence in that man's posture.
      Mfr,
      Judith Peebles.
      No Wooden Nutmegs Sold Here.
      [B]Books![B][/B][/B] The Original Search Engine.

Comment

Working...
      X