Green-Wood, Brooklyn, Cemetery Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green-Wood, Brooklyn, Cemetery Project

This a very good article. What's even more impressing to me is that the piece appeared in the New York Times, a once-great paper which has, in my book, declined to the level of "fish-wrap."

Over 1,200 Civil War veterans will get new tombstones as the result of a five-year investigation into lost graves in Green-Wood Cemetery.

Check it out anyway,

Mark Jaeger
    Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Re: Green-Wood, Brooklyn, Cemetery Project

Dear Mark:

What a terrific article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention,
    Karin Timour
    Period Knitting -- Socks, Sleeping Hats, Balaclavas
    Come see me (and the sockline) at "September Storm"
    Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
    Email: Ktimour@aol.com

Comment

Re: Green-Wood, Brooklyn, Cemetery Project

I had the honor of taking part in this ceremony, (we were the fife and drum corp mentioned in the article). It was an excellent memorial, with descendants traveling from, literally, all over the world to take part. There was a gentleman from Madrid, Spain who only recently found out he had ancestors in America that served in the war and a lady who drove 14 hrs from Kentucky via Indianapolis (to pick up the grand kids) to be in Brooklyn with us, to read the name of their ancestors and, perhaps, make a short remark about their lives. Some folks were moved to tears, others to excited joy, by the memory of their veteran ancestor. It was a most appropriate Memorial Day event and it received much deserved attention here in the Big Apple. great stuff!
      Joe Korber

oh so many things,
      way to much to list
      have a good one
      :wink_smil

Comment

Working...
      X