ISO Andrew Wayne Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Andrew Wayne Scott

Trying to run down contact information on Andrew Wayne Scott, anyone out there know of where he might be?

Lee
    Lee White
    Researcher and Historian
    "Delenda Est Carthago"
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Re: ISO Andrew Wayne Scott

Originally posted by LWhite64 View Post
    Trying to run down contact information on Andrew Wayne Scott, anyone out there know of where he might be?

Lee
    I haven't seen or heard from him since the Fall of 1996.
    [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Been about that long for me too. We are trying to run down all of the folks that worked at Chickamauga as Living Historians over the years and he is about the only one we cant find.

Lee
      Lee White
      Researcher and Historian
      "Delenda Est Carthago"
      "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Comment

Lee,
        Came across this image. With Andrew in it. He's in the front row between Mike Bub and Joe Blunt.

This is from Lookout Mtn in 1997. 1/2 the guys in this photo are out of the hobby now, but it's interesting to note that two future film makers (Rob Hodge and Kevin Hershberger) are in the photo, as well as several current/past sutlers (Joe Blunt, Scott Lydon, Lukas Burg, Adam Cecil and me)

I think I'll nominate this for image of the month in November to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the event.

Ah, to be young again....

[COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Lee,

Don't overlook the very young looking me in the middle of the pack there with the forage cap on!
          Chris Utley
          South Union Mills
          [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
          [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Utley View Post
            Lee,

Don't overlook the very young looking me in the middle of the pack there with the forage cap on!
            No way man, I didn't even know that was you. Wasn't that a great event? Before the days of event websites, forums, e-mails and chat rooms we were able to gather some of the best guys in the nation from as far away as OK and CA to come to that gig...all by picking up the telephone...

That image is only about 1/3 of the people who were actually at the event, but among the guys in the photo you'll see a younger version of Mark Grimm, Dana Shoaf, Pappy and Tom Simmons, John and Josh Arends, Scott Burgard, Burt Schmelzer, Kevin Hersberger, Louis Netherland, Rob Hodge, Andrew Wainscott, Joe Blunt, Lukas Burg, Mike Bub, Scott Lyndon, Adam and Aron Cecil, Will "Huck" Green.

Who else am I missing from this image?

Comment

BTW: The hairy looking beast standing next to Louis is carrying the Spencer that his ancestor carried during the battle. He was pretty happy to actually get to take it out onto the overlook where is great-grandfather no doubt also stood.

Comment

Chris,

Those were definitely the days. I dunno if it was my perceptions back then, my enthusiasm, or what, but they just don't make'em like they used to (events and comradery). That event was awesome as was doing it a couple of years later with alot of great folks. Man, looking at all those fellas almost brings a tear to my eye longing for that old campfire and the sleepless cold nights surrounding by good friends and that feeling of "being where they've been and feeling what they felt." Maybe I'll find that again someday, but it's been a long time. I'm sure you'll also remember that picket post event in Bull's Gap, TN. That is still my favorite event that I've ever attended. I learned about it through attending events with the Guard and word of mouth, and then RECEIVED A LETTER IN THE MAIL about the event. Again, no internet! Actually foraging for food, staying in first person the entire weekend, and watching the snow fall over that mountain valley was great. I often think of Louis and hope he's doing well, I try to keep up with him through various folks.

Lee,

As far as Andrew goes, I recall that he had family connections with the Ale 81 beverage company in Winchester, KY, (in that I think a family member owned the company), so that might be a good place to check. Seems like at the time of this image and event he was living in Shelbyville, KY.
                Chris Utley
                South Union Mills
                [url]www.southunionmills.com[/url]
                [url]www.facebook.com/southunionmills[/url]

Comment

Chris and Chris,
                  Thank you all, that image does bring back the memories. I really miss the old days, almost all of my core group of pards from back then are gone from the hobby, either to the real military and or married life.

Lee
                  Lee White
                  Researcher and Historian
                  "Delenda Est Carthago"

Comment

Working...
                  X