A Dying breed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dying breed?

I have been out of the hobby for several years now and I am shocked at what I have found while in my search for a new grip back in. It seems that all the events have moved north and all the units/groups that I knew have seperated. I have lost contact with the people I once marched with and my searches have come up empty for local interest. I cant help but to think reenacting is not as popular as it once was. Me and having a new family and job that requires many hours, makes it hard to travel Virginia or Pennsylvania. What is a pard to do?
    [I][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Garamond"]Scott Davis
    Lost Drummer and Fifer[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Re: A Dying breed?

Jerry Stiles

Comment

Scott if you are interested in quality events in the south east I highly recommend the two WIG events this fall

The Chickamauga AOT/ANV Living History September 21-23 in north Georgia

and Outpost 3 October 26-28 in Tennessee

If you have any questions contact Art Milbert the WIG battalion commander or feel free to contact me.

Jerry thanks for the recommendation!
      Herb Coats
      Armory Guards &
      WIG

Comment

Scott,
        You're not that far from several members of this organization as I explained in the PM I sent about wanting to find a drummer. If you're interested in taking a trip, get in touch with me as we pass through Meridian to events.
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Patrick,

Me and my dad are both interested. Again I stress we have been out of the hobby for a while and are investigated more proper uniforms now. I will be in touch.

Herb,

Thanks for the links. We have attended the Chickamauga event in the past, 01 I believe, with the Army of the Pacific. I have fond memories of that one... right down to the sneaky cold front and forgotten blanket. I awoke early in the am and to my suprise a miracle, blanket, was laying on me. Some chap is due a nice cold root beer! I will check out the links.

Thanks Fellars!
          [I][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Garamond"]Scott Davis
          Lost Drummer and Fifer[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Working...
          X