If you COUL D have Perfectville...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you COUL D have Perfectville...?

Wow, they're quick! Received a reply already, and on Canada Day weekend, no less.

Thank you Hank for your recent e-mail.

It appears that there may be a bit of confusion with our day and overnight programs, perhaps? When interpreting life in the 1860's, our guides do speak in the present tense, thus in the 1860's era. Rest assured, Hank, that our interpreters in the Village do indeed go home after visiting hours to enjoy normal living off-site with their real families. It would sound as though your friend brought back many fond memories of her visit with us(?)
    Should you however be interested in participating in our overnight adult Live-In adventures please visit http://www.uppercanadavillage.com/07011701.htm for more details.

Please do not hesitate to call 1-800-437-2233 for more information,
    Carole
    The adult live-in adventures are something offered at several museums I know of, including--oh, I can't think of the name, that place in Maine that I think started the concept--and Conner Prairie. As the Upper Canada link says, "Participants will sleep in one of two 19th century residences known as the Blue House and the Grey House. These buildings have been outfitted with period furnishings, but also contain modern washroom and shower facilities. Unfortunately, these buildings are not accessible to wheelchairs." So even the two-day overnight adventures aren't period, to the degree we're talking about.

Hank Trent
    hanktrent@voyager.net
    Last edited by Hank Trent; 07-01-2007, 12:56 PM. Reason: typo
    Hank Trent

Comment

Hank: Sorry for any confusion. I visited there last around three or so years ago and I guess my nostalgia for the place colored my impressionsof it.
      Tom Smith, 2nd Lt. T.E.
      Nobel Grand Humbug, Al XXI,
      Chapt. 1.5 De la Guerra y Pacheco
      Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
      Topographer for: TAG '03, BGR, Spring Hill, Marmeduke's Raid, & ITPW

Comment

Brigadoon doesn't exist, and much to everyone's horror -- it's a farbed out version of an earlier German tale. Such is life.
        [B]Charles Heath[/B]
        [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Working...
        X