Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lest we all forget

To All:

On the Birthday of our great nation, let us not forget the sacrifices made by the brave men (and women) who have given their last full measure for the past 231 years. For without their sacrifices we would not have the freedoms we now enjoy daily.

Let us not forget the hardships and sacrifices all of our forefather's have endured to make this country the great country it is. Not just the military but the pioneers who foraged forward, settlers who founded our many cities and towns, mother's and wives who carried on when their sons and husbands were away. The sacrifices made by all for enduring rationing during war time, doing without during depressions and the loss of loved ones during war.

We have and always will persevere.

Happy Birthday America!

Crabby
    Beth Crabb

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
    John Crabb July 10, 1953 - Nov. 25, 2009

Re: Lest we all forget

For all who have served, and especially for those who are now serving in places where the rest of us can't or are afraid to go...THANK YOU.
    Becky Morgan

Comment

"Not just the military but the pioneers who foraged forward, settlers who founded our many cities and towns, mother's and wives who carried on when their sons and husbands were away."

Sir,

Your sentiments are stated most eloquently. Thank you for that wonderful post.

I've long believed that the toughest job by far in the Armed Forces is that of the spouses who anxiously wait at home.

If I may be permitted a personal interlude:
      A year ago this week I finished up a two year sea tour in Guam, and my Better Half was delighted to move back to the Mainland. After not having seen her husband much at all for a couple of years, she was greatly looking forward to a family-friendly shore tour. Then, after we were settled in for only a few months, I walked through the door one night and said, "Honey, I'm going to Iraq for a year."
      Her response: "You go ahead and do what you need to do. The kids and I wil be just fine. We'll be waiting right here for you when you get back. Don't worry about us."

It takes a special lady to cheerfully agree to be essentially a single Mom to 4 teenagers and a pre-teen for a whole year, on top of worrying about her husband in the desert. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve to be so blessed. As special as my Beloved is, though, she is not atypical among military wives. There are many others out there a whole lot like her.

God bless all our military families. They are the true unsung heroes of our country's history, and provide the backbone of our Armed Services.
      Last edited by Chad Teasley; 07-04-2007, 01:12 PM.
      Chad Teasley

"Mississippians don't know, and refuse to learn, how to surrender to an enemy."
      Lt Col James Autry, CSA, May 1862

Comment

Sir,

That's exactly what I fought in Iraq for -hope. ;)

There ain't nothing we can't accomplish together- North, South, East and West...

Let's keep-up the good feelings and patriotism that we have enjoyed so well in this country for so long. I have traveled all of Europe, the Middle East and down in the Caribbean and near Central America and the most wonderful thing I've seen about America is that we are a land of dreamers and a people that believe tomorrow can, and will, be better with hard work, a lot of laughter, and a little love.

Our country is so successful because we are based upon this hope.
        No terrorist can (or will) destroy that!

Happy 4th of July. Keep the hope of this holiday alive in your heart!

-Johnny
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
        SCAR
        Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
        Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
        Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
        Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

....hooah....

Comment

Daddy had too full a day yesterday, and slept the day away today. He gets anxious about things at times, and so I sorted out a drawer, looking for a key he wanted.

And as a result, I found:
            A series of used World War II ration books,
            A letter from a Civilian Conservation Corps camp,
            A letter from a baby sister to her brother at war,
            A letter from a great grandmother cautioning an orphaned child to be good and work hard in his new home with his new guardians,
            A letter from the War Department,
            A letter from a mother relating a Christmas Day with a wounded son who was not getting any better,
            A personal note from a U. S. President
            A well worn book with instructions on building a fall out shelter
            A love letter

As living historians, we're more conscious than most of the sacrifices of the lives before us. Still, to hold those pieces in my hands was deeply moving, and a fine and appropriate way to spend a quiet holiday.
            Terre Hood Biederman
            Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
            Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
            X