Wetplate Insanity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wetplate Insanity.

Jeff - If you haven't already, of course! Show them around and all enjoy a hearty guffaw.

Brian - That is genius. Triomphe Napoleon! A nice half plate portrait would do, I would say!

Noah - A great stereo would do for those scenes. We should do them just for the heck of it, too. Act like idiots for the camera, make something out of it, and donate the proceeds to preservation or something.
    Jason R. Wickersty
    http://www.newblazingstarpress.com

Received. “How now about the fifth and sixth guns?”
    Sent. “The sixth gun is the bully boy.”
    Received. “Can you give it any directions to make it more bully?”
    Sent. “Last shot was little to the right.”
    Received. “Fearfully hot here. Several men sunstruck. Bullets whiz like fun. Have ceased firing for awhile, the guns are so hot."

- O.R.s, Series 1, Volume 26, Part 1, pg 86.

Comment

Originally posted by NoahBriggs View Post
      You know, like waiting on line for the funnel cake, lightsabre duels,

You know, I've always wanted to do the "League of Extraordinary Jedi", with members of the Hardtack Society.

I think a wet plate series showing camp scenes with farby stuff hanging out ought to be done. A humorous way of reminding ourselves how easy it is to leave the plastic by the fire, Coke cans on the table during the battle planning, &c. Once people see how stupid they look on the other side of the lens there might be more diligence about policing camps before spectators arrive.

I cannot think of a catchy title. I used to have a mix tape called [19]80s Classics: Kids! Can You Spot the Farby Song? And yes, there was one song on there which was deliberately '90s. Camp Scenes: Can you Spot The Anachronisms!

Pre-caffeine rambling.
      Sounds like a class I give new Boy Scouts before their first backpacking experience. I or my assistant will be the "new scout" and come out with our packs "loaded and ready to go". Of course the more "experienced scout" does a pack shakedown for the newbie. He proceeds to pull out all sorts of excessive baggage, a heavy hand axe, a thick hardback book, enough clothing for a month in Europe, copious amounts of "entertainment" ware (board games, cards, video games, i-pod, CD player, etc). The entire session is hilarious but the new kids get the point that more is less. Anyway, this thread got me thinking about getting my Venture Scout crew together for a wet plate at a nearby streamer event next year.
      Robert Collett
      8th FL / 13th IN
      Armory Guards
      WIG

Comment

Jason, lets get down to brass tacks here. Was the "Wooo Guy" there?
        Attached Files
        Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

At least one "Captain Crunch" image was done in Aug-Sep 2000 timeframe. It's a hoot. I have no idea who has the original image, but the addition of a short sword made it a bona fide scream.
          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Originally posted by hireddutchcutthroat View Post
            Jason, lets get down to brass tacks here. Was the "Wooo Guy" there?
            I can't away from him... seriously. I'm actually one of the seminar speakers at the Center for Civil War Photography's "Image of War" seminars, and this is the second year where I''ll be giving a PowerPoint show on him!

If you're not doing anything the weekend of October 5-7 and are near Frederick, Md., come check it out!

Jason R. Wickersty
            http://www.newblazingstarpress.com

Received. “How now about the fifth and sixth guns?”
            Sent. “The sixth gun is the bully boy.”
            Received. “Can you give it any directions to make it more bully?”
            Sent. “Last shot was little to the right.”
            Received. “Fearfully hot here. Several men sunstruck. Bullets whiz like fun. Have ceased firing for awhile, the guns are so hot."

- O.R.s, Series 1, Volume 26, Part 1, pg 86.

Comment

Working...
            X