Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted!Copies of Wet Plate Images I Have Made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted!Copies of Wet Plate Images I Have Made.

If any one is willing to send me a scan(bigger the better) or photograph of any Wet plate Images I have made of you in the last ten years(1997-2007) that I have been practicing the Wet Plate Process I would be very gratefull to you(good or bad image!).
    One of the worst aspects of the art is that every image is one of a kind and at the end of the day the Photographer has little of his work left.
    And a Sincere Thank You to any one who has sat before my Camera.
    Respectfully,
    Tim Parson
    928 Memphis Jct Rd
    Parsons Photographic Studio
    Bowling Green, Ky
    E-mail bobparson@insightbb.com

Re: Wanted!Copies of Wet Plate Images I Have Made.

Tim, I just emailed several to you, from Shaker Village 2004 and The Inn event. Others have more.

Trish Hasenmueller

Comment

A big THANK YOU to;
      Matt Rector, Matt Woodburn,Trish Hasenmueller and Jordan Ricketts for sending or offering to send Scans.
      I hope to see some more!
      Tim Parson
      PS I have a large number of scans of images I own from various events as well as a number of group shots. If you think I may have an image from an event you and I were at send me a message and I will check and if I do I will send you a copy of it.

Comment

This image was taken at Perryville in 2002. Please feel free to e-mail me for more information on the impression and the original photographs from which I derived this impression, pose, etc.

I recall the sun was pretty bright (hence my squinty-eyed expression), so you used about a 1 second exposure.

Enjoy!
        John Wickett
        Former Carpetbagger
        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Hello Tim,
          I have a scan of this image from the Carter House LH in 2005.

Left to right, it is Patrick Landrum, Joe Hill, and Jim Conley.

If you need more information, please Private Message me.
          Attached Files
          Jim Conley

Member, Civil War Trust

"The 'right' events still leave much to be desired." - Patrick Lewis

Comment

Tim-
            If I could figure out how to scan them properly, I would send them to you! Any tips out there on scanning wetplates?
            [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
            [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Tim

Stand by. (I hope your e-mail server can handle large attachments) As you know, I have several great images from you. I'll be sending scans of them to you in a few minutes. I think most of them are scanned at 600dpi, so they should be good for large picture quality.
              Brian Hicks
              Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Tim,

You took this image at the 2001 Perryville event.

Standing left to right: Aaron Schwieterman, Jeff Johannes

Sitting left to right: Jeremy Snyder, Joeseph Hill, Dave "Coffee" Palmer
                Attached Files
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aaron Schwieterman
                Cincinnati

Comment

Candace,

Scanning these in should be especially straightforward--clean the scanner glass, let it dry, and place the plate on. Sometimes you need to fuss with the contrast a little, but that can be done on Tim's end of the process.

Where oh where did I put those Shaker Village images of Sister and myself with piles and piles of knitting?
                  Terre Hood Biederman
                  Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                  Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

John--Thanks for the image--as I remember with that image we were trying to replicate an image of someone from the original unit you were portraying but I would like the details so look for my e-mail.

Jim--Many thanks for that one as I did not have any copy of it at all.

Miss Annamae--As Spinster stated--clean the Glass on the scanner and scan at 300 DPI(smaller would be fine as well) and send the raw scan as I can work with it from there,thanks.

Brian- I am glad to hear from you--I truly thank for the image of you in the top hat seated, taken at Franklin-I had forgotten even taking that one. Thanks for everything you have sent.

Aaron--Thank you for the Perryville image--I like that one.

Spinster--I would welcome any of the Shakervillage images if you can round them up.

Dave Bushmole--Thanks for the South Union image and I hope you recieved The varient of that pose from my collection that I sent you.
                    Tim Parson
                    Last edited by Ambrotypist; 09-18-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Tim,

I think we've been pretty good about getting images to you, but just in case you've lost some of them, here's what I havw from the Inn at Peak's Mill 2005, and Shaker Village 2004. If I am ever in need of another photograph I will find an event that you're working! :D

http://lindatrent.homestead.com/ParsonPhotos.html

And I just discovered I have a few more that aren't scanned, because my avatar is from one of the many pictures we had taken at Shaker Village in 05.

Linda
                      Last edited by LindaTrent; 09-18-2007, 10:38 PM. Reason: Just remembered...
                      Linda Trent
                      [email]linda_trent@att.net[/email]

“It ain’t what you know that gets you into trouble.
                      It’s what you know that just ain’t so.” Mark Twain.

Comment

Linda,
                        Thanks for the link to the images--its great to have them.
                        Indeed at one time I had a large number of my images that I had found on this site and other websites but the bad news is I lost them ALL in a hard drive crash.
                        A Lesson learned the hard way as I lost many irreplaceable images. I now have multiple copies of all my current Wet Plate files.
                        Looking forward to someday striking your image again.
                        Respectfully,
                        Tim

Comment

Tim,
                          It is great to hear that you are still up and running around. I hope that you are doing well. I will email you some pics that I have here shortly. Some of them you sent me, since you used me as a guinea pig a few times in the past. So you may have the ambrotypes if you didn't reuse the glass.
                          - David Cortez
                          Independent

"The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters."
                          - Genghis Khan

Comment

Hi Dave,
                            Great to hear from you my friend.
                            I am doing great and hope you are as well.
                            I bet you do have a number of images as I shot you more than Bonnie and Clyde!
                            If you ever make it down this way again let me know and I will strike some fresh images for you-of course I would want some of that good Wisconson Beer in trade!
                            I also have some images of you from the past I will e-mail you back when you send me your images.
                            Thanks,
                            Tim

Comment

Was you the fellow doing wet plate at lookout mountain a couple of years ago ? If so I have a great one taken on lookout point when they let us out there for photos, I will try to get it scanned if that was you...
                              Douglas Potter
                              E-Mail [email]harley@mfi.net[/email]

Comment

Working...
                              X