Your favorite hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite hat

I'm fairly new to the hobby, but I'm already showing signs of "hataholism". I love my Tim Bender Flat Top Bowler. It's definitely going to see a lot more use this year.
    Last edited by VAvolunteer; 04-20-2014, 04:06 PM. Reason: Left out a word.
    I remain your obedient servant,

Thomas Reinacher

[I]7th Virginia, Company C. [/I]

ACWA

Comment

I'm a hat nut, but the one I keep going back to is my Clear Water tall beehive bought as my first "good hat" in 1999. I'm wearing in 2012 at Shiloh in my avatar. It's changed shape more than once, until finally after sleeping on it for a pillow in the field at Wilson's Creek, MO in 2011, it morphed into a Texan's big-brim hat for all seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a hat nut, and the one I keep going back to is my Clear Water tall beehive bought as my first "good hat" in 1999. I'm wearing in 2012 at Shiloh in my avatar. It's changed shape more than once, until finally after sleeping on it for a pillow in the field at Wilson's Creek, MO in 2011, it morphed into a Texan's big-brim hat for all seasons.
      Phil McBride
      Author:
      Whittled Away-A Civil War Novel of the Alamo Rifles
      Tangled Honor 1862: A Novel of the 5th Texas Infantry
      Redeeming Honor 1863: The 5th Texas Gettysburg and Chickamauga
      Defiant Honor 1864: The 5th Texas at the Wilderness and the 22nd USCT at New Market Heights
      Link to My Blog and My Books on Amazon:
      Blog: http://mcbridenovels.blogspot.com/http://www.amazon.com/Philip-McBride...ne_cont_book_1

Comment

My beloved Tim Bender Hardee, I have worn it on every campaign for the last 6 years and the weather has made it a beautiful sight for sore eyes.
        Jonathan Siltman
        24th Missouri Vol. Inf.
        Bully Boys Mess
        www.24thmissouri.org
        Ft. Sill Museum Gun Crew
        Good ol' Fashion Troublemaker

Comment

Dirty Billy beehive. It's been through it all with me.

Steve Davis 1st Arkansas Volunteers
          Steve Davis

Comment

Starbuck kepi made with Tarts sumac, had it for years.
            Don Woods
            Member ABT

Comment

I like the tall beehives the best. Still looking for a nice used on since I'm just starting off.
              Tyler Green

Comment

Mine is a black beehive from Clearwater Hats. I bought it used off a pard leaving the hobby and got a killer hat for only 20 dollars. There is seldom an event that I don't wear it. I've done a little bit of intentional shaping to it and let nature take its course for the rest. It's been from the backwoods of Missouri to the rocks of the Devil's Den. I love it.
                Dan Stilley
                Tater Mess/ Holmes Brigade
                [COLOR="#0000FF"]Proud descendant of Elijah and Nathan Mosher- 3rd Iowa Volunteer Infantry
                Henry Hollenbeck- 11th Kansas Cavalry Co. B
                Greenberry Kelly- 2nd Iowa Infantry
                John Riley Stilley- 128th Illinois Infantry
                Thomas Freeborn-72nd Illinois Infantry Co. I[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FF0000"]Killed at Franklin, Tennessee[/COLOR]

Comment

My Tim Bender Hardee with the crown rolled down, and the sides of the brim turned up ever so slightly. kind of looks like a the hat hoss wore in bonanza, only better.
                  Caleb Courtney
                  30th Indiana Co. F
                  "judge not by what people say, but how they say it, and what they mean by what it."

Comment

Working...
                  X