Your favorite hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite hat

Mine is a Tim Bender light tan bowler. Color is good for staying cool, and the style works well for any Confederate impression.
    Frank Perkin

Re: Your favorite hat

Mine is a very beat up Stiles forage cap.Next in line a coveted Joe Covais.Oh there are more but the sightof that cap brings warm memories and helps to diminish whatever little " speedbump" I've experienced that day, Bud
    Bud Scully 13th NJ Co.K Mess and 69th NY (N-SSA)

Comment

My Tim Bender Lt. Brewster hat, worn it to nearly 60 events and it still looks new. Followed closely by my Don Smith Type I USSS cap made from custom dyed English import broadcloth. It's amazing how attached to these things one becomes. I doubt I would ever sell either of them!

Best,
      Dan Wambaugh
      Wambaugh, White, & Company
      www.wwandcompany.com
      517-303-3609
      Become our fan on Facebook by clicking HERE

Comment

my black telescoping crown Tim Bender (his website says he only makes like, 6 a year :) ) is definately my best made, and offers the best rain and sun protection
        -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden
        Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry
        One of the "Three Jesi", and founding member of the Shire Mess.
        Part of the Chocolate People Mess, of the Texmosippiana Society...

Comment

Mine is a Tim allen Beehive slouch. Only worn to one event,but is a great one! It offers more cover from the sun then my old one.
          [FONT="Georgia"][/FONT] Aaron Bolis
          1st. co. Richmond Howitzers

Comment

My favorite hat is a Bowler I picked up down in Shipshewanna Ind. Yoders' General Store (Amish country for you easterners) Nice people, reasonable price and the clerk helped me out abunch.
            Cris L. Westphal
            1st. Mich. Vol.
            2nd. Kentucky (Morgans Raiders)
            A young man should possess all his faculties before age,liquor, and stupidity erase them--Major Thaddeus Caractus Evillard Bird(Falconer Legion CSA)

Comment

My only hat.
              Tom "Mingo" Machingo
              Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
              Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
              Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
              KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

My Bender Hardee, with the crown rolled down onto itself and then reversed to present a flat top. A telescope crown similar to the one in EoG. My favorite still, after all these years.
                John Grimes
                [I]Rowdy Pards[/I]

Comment

Favorite would be my NJ ************ forage cap, bought it for $75 from the Jersey Skillet Licker at Boonsboro, Maryland back in 2003. Just wore it at Mill Springs and it looks like the day I got it. 2nd favorite would my Dirty Billy's beehive farmer.
                  Last edited by Craig L Barry; 10-10-2007, 06:38 PM.
                  Craig L Barry
                  Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
                  Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
                  Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
                  Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Mine is my ************ McDowell cap, by far the most comfortable of all my caps. 2nd in line is my Dirty Billy's Beehive Farmer.
                    Ernie Manzo
                    Co. C, 1st USSS (NCWA)

Comment

Out of curiosity...why would you all want your hats / caps to look nice and new???!!!
                      Tom "Mingo" Machingo
                      Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
                      Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
                      Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
                      KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

simply because my hat hasn't been used to start enough fires yet ;)
                        -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden
                        Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry
                        One of the "Three Jesi", and founding member of the Shire Mess.
                        Part of the Chocolate People Mess, of the Texmosippiana Society...

Comment

Its a tie - Jerry Stiles' Chickamauga "ANV, Bad and We Know It" officer slouch with attitude and Frank Aufmuth's BGR "apology for a hat".
                          Soli Deo Gloria
                          Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

My hat is a Clearwater Slouch Hat ("Shiloh") Coffee-colored......
                            [FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][/FONT]Jaye Curtis
                            12th Texas Infantry
                            Walker's Division
                            Army of the Trans-Mississippi

Comment

Black low-crown bowler from "Filthy William" for my Confederate impression... and another Federal type II forage from him as well bought secondhand.

Thanks ya'll -Johnny :wink_smil
                              Johnny Lloyd
                              John "Johnny" Lloyd
                              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                              SCAR
                              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Working...
                              X