Pictures from 2003-2005 Western Federal events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from 2003-2005 Western Federal events

Courtesy of Mike Bilbo, here is a page of images from events like Franklin, Corinth, Lookout of Federals. Although mostly Salt River Rifle and SCAR guys, there are other folks in the pictures (Dave Gerrow, Ken Cornett, etc). Some of them are quite picturesque and that is why I am posting this link to share.

Jim Butler
    SRR www.geocities.com/saltriverrifles
    SCAR www.geocities.com/scar_civilwar
    Jim Butler

Re: Pictures from 2003-2005 Western Federal events

Thanks for sharing Mike's photos -- I was fortunate to attend all three of these events (and am in the color guard photo on Lookout Mountain). Brings back a lot of good memories.
    Paul Hadley
    Paul Hadley

Comment

This is the only known image of the infamous cockfight at Corinth. You will only understand it if you were there.

Or read the famous wordsmithed description. I can barely see a man or two crouched in the clearing, but when I read the account, I laughed so hard, Dear Husband had to go find my inhaler. A jolly sense of humor and pure imagination go a long way.

On a larger note---Thank you.
      So many times at these events, the only appropriate place for us to be is huddled in a hovel in the woods (Franklin), or pulling a loaded handcart, baggage, baby, and all, going like a bat out of **** as the Army tops the rise behind us (Corinth), or hiking the same trail unencumbered a couple of weeks before you pulled guns up it (Lookout).

So often, we don't get to see your fine efforts, and its good to get to do so.

And this year at Mill Springs, we had the pleasure of having Mrs. Bilbo camped down with us in the ravine. Sometimes it really is a large hobby, as we had not crossed paths since the Raymond series....
      Terre Hood Biederman
      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Mrs. Lawson,

The pictures reminded me of some of the simple reasons I like to reenact. The simple commune with nature and the outdoors with friends. A sunrise over a simple, smoky and foggy encampment is a period moment for me.

regards,
        Jim Butler
        Jim Butler

Comment

Jim....

The cock fight picture proves nothing! It totally never happened. I was totally not in the creek bed at Corinth watching and laughing. How dare you try to lend that urban legend some credence! :tounge_sm
          Herb Coats
          Armory Guards &
          WIG

Comment

I personally like the firing line, Franklin, right column, third down, you could use that image in a advertisement! It's great to see a line of Union Infantry that's uniform in its general appeal and maintains individuality without the over-usage of rare and unnecessary uniform insignia (Irish harps, brass numerals etc.). A good Union kit is more than just sliding on a blue jacket and hat.
            Gregory Deese
            Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
            "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Hi Jim,

Some good times with the AoP regarding the Franklin photos and thanks for sharing. Nice to see the others as well and some familiar faces at Corinth too.

See you at Outpost.

Tom
              Tom Klas
              Hard Head Mess
              Citizens Guard

Comment

Working...
              X