Southern California members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern California members?

My apologies if this has already been posted, but are all of our SoCal members all right? I've seen that end of the country on fire before, but not like this. Wish we could share some of this week's rain with the parched places.
    Becky Morgan

Re: Southern California members?

not trying to give a shameless plug, but over at West Coast Campaigner, there's a thread on there about what's goin on. so far, people are experiencing some ash fall, a LOT of smoke, among other things. I for one, have family who've lost their houses. there's a big relief effort going on.
    -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden
    Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry
    One of the "Three Jesi", and founding member of the Shire Mess.
    Part of the Chocolate People Mess, of the Texmosippiana Society...

Comment

Doing fine, just a lot of smoke in the area.
      Tristan Galloway

Comment

It's a hell of a mess, probably the worst fire season in California. Over a thousand homes burned, about half a million folks evacuated. The entire greater Los Angeles and San Diego areas smell like smoke and light ash seems to be everywhere. If accessible, here is an interactive map to keep up with the details and news should one be so inclined:

Southern California fires: Updated continuously Live coverage: www.latimes.com Twitter feed: twitter.com/latimesfires By Andrew Blankstein and Rong-Gong Lin II

I hung up my fire helmet in February after 33 years so I don't get to go this time.
        ~Southern Cal~
        aka: Lawrence J. Bach

Comment

Originally posted by Becky Morgan View Post
          My apologies if this has already been posted, but are all of our SoCal members all right? I've seen that end of the country on fire before, but not like this. Wish we could share some of this week's rain with the parched places.
          Nothing shameless about that. We appreciate our friends over there and you're welcome to post links over to that forum.
          Paul Calloway
          Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
          Proud Member of the GHTI
          Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
          Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Hello,
            Thanks for asking. I live in Murrieta, about 20-25 minutes North of the San Diego blaze, which is still burning out of control. Last night the view from our place of the hills on fire was both awe inspiring and frightening. The skies are black as night in some places from the massive amounts of smoke, and ash is everywhere. The air reeks of burning brush and wood. Nearly 300,000 people have been evacuated, with many of them now being sheltered at the schools in Murrieta, including my daughter's high school and elementary school. Over 1100 homes have gone up. The fire is now on the lands of Camp Pendleton from this mornings reports. Please pray for the good people of San Diego and San Bernadino Counties. Best regards.
            Tom "Mingo" Machingo
            Independent Rifles, Weevil's Mess

Vixi Et Didici

"I think and highly hope that this war will end this year, and Oh then what a happy time we will have. No need of writing then but we can talk and talk again, and my boy can talk to me and I will never tire of listening to him and he will want to go with me everywhere I go, and I will be certain to let him go if there is any possible chance."
            Marion Hill Fitzpatrick
            Company K, 45th Georgia Infantry
            KIA Petersburg, Virginia

Comment

We had a bit of a scare in Irvine/Foothill Ranch area. We grabbed a few things in preparation of having to leave but it only turned out to be voluntary. A few neighbors asked me if they should leave and I said not to panic becasue if you do, it creates a little hysteria throughout the community. I did stress packing a few things and being ready plus pointing your vehicles in the direction out just in case you need to retreat.

Someone PLEASE hire me so I can go fight fire!!! I just finished a fire academy here and I have all my wildland gear packed and good to go!!!! I feel like I'm watching the other kids play in the sandbox while I sit and watch.

Be safe and best,
              James Ross

Comment

Working...
              X