Civil War Musket Crate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Musket Crate

I have a Civil war era or older rifle case. It measures OD 52"x 11"x 11.5". Its dovetaled on ends and has cut nails and rope handles on it. Can anyone tell me what type of rifle may have fit in it. Thank you Hobie Saunders

This is the URL for pictures of the rifle case. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73116569@N00/

the inside dimensions are 47 5/8 long, 10" wide and 9" height. I would like to restore it and use it for living histories, but would like any input as to what type of rifle this carried. Any help is appreciated. Hobie
    Last edited by Navalgunner; 10-24-2007, 09:24 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Re: Civil War Musket Crate

Do you have any Photos available?? Not that I have any knowledge on this topic, I'd just like to see it!!!:tounge_sm
    Todd Reynolds
    Union Orphan Extraordinaire

Comment

As Cyclesmith said, pictures would help, especially details of the interior so please post them if you can. Are those internal or external measurements? At 52 inches long (OD) it is a little short for a rifle musket and definitely too short for a smoothbore, way too long for a standard rifle with a 33 inch barrel. It should be marked, are any markings visible?
      Thomas Pare Hern
      Co. A, 4th Virginia
      Stonewall Brigade

Comment

The pics are great, thanks for posting them. I am extremely tied up here at work but I will try to dig up some info in the next couple of days.
        Thomas Pare Hern
        Co. A, 4th Virginia
        Stonewall Brigade

Comment

no idea on the crate... but nice cat... What a cutie!!!:D:D:D
          Todd Reynolds
          Union Orphan Extraordinaire

Comment

Working...
          X