Holiday Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holiday Wish List

I have already WILDLY overindulged myself in 2007 (civilian coat, new forage cap, brogans, painted cloth traps, ************ gaiters and a used MB & S knapsack), so I cannot in good conscience ask for more from Santa this year.

A new year begins just after, however, and so for New Year's I want:
    A couple pairs of hand-knit socks
    Pocket testament
    Confederate groundcloth
    Andrew Batten

Comment

Dear Santa;

I want to come downstairs to look under the Christmas tree to find a Butternut colored greatcoat and Mexician/Amercian early CW war leather cap.
      [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Top on my lists has to be a wool blanket.
        [FONT="Fixedsys"][/FONT]Brent Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Some cured bacon and a whole mess of pumpkin pie and other holiday treats will do. I can't think of anything I really want, but maybe some more books and the time to read them, or a shotgun. I think I'd rather have the food though, nothing beats home cooking. Take it easy,
          Sean Harla

Comment

I am trying to put together a Confederate Impression, Maybe a RD I or II. A S&S Confederate Kepi, I always think you cant have enough hats. Also a 16 x 26 Bass Drum. I am thinking maybe a New Pair of Brogans because my feet are getting bigger. Probably Brogans first than 1 of the other items.

Adam Ward
            Sykes Regulars
            Adam Ward

Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
            Sykes Regulars 2nd & 4th U.S. Infantry
            The Shocker Mess
            The Hedgesville Blues

Comment

Snow for Winter 1864.
              [B]Charles Heath[/B]
              [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

I want a musket, leathers and a bass drum also. Im trying to get a fife and drum group together up here in michigan. I already have a snare, but need a bass for this also.

John
                [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]John R. Legg[/SIZE][/FONT]

[email]Johnlegg90@gmail.com[/email]

"Alright, Legg, what did you screw up now?" - C. Henderson
                Ft.Blakeley LH - May 25-27
                Maryland, My Maryland. - September 7-9
                6th Wisconsin Antietam LH - September 15-17
                150th Perryville - October 5-7
                Valley Forge - January 18-20, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by TheRegularsDrummerCo.H View Post
                  I am thinking maybe a New Pair of Brogans because my feet are getting bigger. Probably Brogans first than 1 of the other items.

Adam Ward
                  Sykes Regulars
                  One of the reasons I have put off buying mine so long. I really do not want to outgrow them.
                  [FONT="Fixedsys"][/FONT]Brent Alexander Hamilton

Comment

The last thing I need to complete my kit. 1842 Springfield.
                    John Trotta

Comment

My own musket, so I don't have to continue to borrow from the other guys in my Company. I think a '42 will do the trick.
                      John Trotta

Comment

Some pea-soup thick fog for a couple of hours at Pea Ridge in March 2008 would be nice, Santa baby.
                        [B]Charles Heath[/B]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

Comment

Hoping to get a new pair of brogans, a new forage cap and a new pair of trousers

Respectfully,
                          Chris Bottomley, PVT
                          124th New York State Volunteers

Comment

A Federal jeanscloth overcoat.
                            Jeff "Thad" Gallagher

Pit Rat Mess
                            49th Ohio
                            Huber Heights #777 F&AM

"The moralities of this company are not as good as they used to be, there is much swearing and abuse." Francis Kiene 49th OVI

Comment

I'd like to see Santa Claus bring us the same kind of warm and clear weather we had at Athens the last two times around, but he could shovel a smidge less coal in the "Portals of Hell" firebox next August. Just a smidge less....
                              [B]Charles Heath[/B]

Comment

My list-

1.) the lads and lasses doing this for real to be safe
                                2.) fewer events thereby allowing greater attendance at all
                                3.) more young bucks in the ranks
                                4.) folks who aren't grossly out of shape
                                5.) participants who conduct themselves as soldiers

Regards,
                                Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X