KIK black powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIK black powder

Does anyone have experience with this powder? It is billed as a less expensive alternative to Goex.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: KIK black powder

Sure have...

I still have a can of it left over from getting a big order of it some time back. We/I have used it for Living history/Reenacting as well as live fire.

Now, I can't give you any minute of angle results compared to Goex or Elephant brands when live firing, but it behaved very well in whatever situation We/I use(d) it in.

As far as "cheaper"...I got it in bulk, I remember it cost less, but got it more out of that was what the place we ordered it from had in bulk.

It's the same basic black powder as the other brands. I'd buy more anytime.
    Respectfully:

Kevin Dally
    Kevin Dally

Comment

Our organization had the chance last year to buy 50 lbs of Kik powder, but none of us had any experience with it. So, I went online to see what was available about it, compared to other brands.

As I recall, it got better reviews than Elephant and Skirmish powders, and was rated as about equal to Goex.

We bought it, doled it out, and I am not aware of any problems with it. I bought five lbs each of 2F and 3F, and both worked fine.
      Bernard Biederman
      30th OVI
      Co. B
      Member of Ewing's Foot Cavalry
      Outpost III

Comment

Imported from Slovekia, very decent powder. Mid priced. I am a Schuetzen fan myself. KIK is good enough for the purpose for which we use BP.
        Craig L Barry
        Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
        Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
        Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
        Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Where can one obtain this powder?
          [B][FONT="Georgia"][I]P. L. Parault[/I][/FONT][/B][FONT="Book Antiqua"][/FONT]

[I][B]"Three score and ten I can remember well, within the volume of which time I have seen hours dreadful and things strange: but this sore night hath trifled former knowings."

William Shakespeare[/B][/I]

Comment

Powder Inc. www.powderinc.com When The Watchdog did a survey (test) of various brands of BP which appears in the back of Patrick Reardon's pamphlet called "Making Cartridges".
            Craig L Barry
            Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
            Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
            Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
            Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Working...
            X