Best hobby magazines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best hobby magazines...

Personally I have enjoyed North and South. There have been some very interesting articles in the past couple issues.
    Jake Beckstrand
    CWPT
    Member of The Iron Rooster Mess

Comment

Hi all-

How about Armchair General? It isn't about the hobby precisely, but it has great, well-researched and thoughful articles on many battles, top-ten lists, and battle decision-games concerning the American Civil War all of the time. I read it in Iraq when I could get a copy (rarely).

Thanks- Johnny Lloyd
      Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 03-26-2008, 08:19 PM.
      Johnny Lloyd
      John "Johnny" Lloyd
      Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
      SCAR
      Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
      Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
      Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
      Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Originally posted by 33rd VA Co. H View Post
        I'm not sure if the use of the term "hobby" includes the study and collecting of relics and artifacts or if it's use points strictly towards reenacting but I am of the opinion that one of the best, if not the best magazine covering the Civil War is with out a doubt North South Trader's Civil War.

http://www.nstcivilwar.com/
        You took the words right out of my mouth! I highly recommend the North South Trader!!! Wonderful relics, Historical articles, great layout, and the editor is a hoot!(although I may be a little biased, as they recently featured one of my finds, a confederate 12 pounder shell)
        American Digger Magazine is great too.... although it features more than just civil war artifacts.
        Jessa Hawthorne
        Un-Reconstructed string band / Hardee's Guard Battalion Civilian Society

Comment

Working...
        X