New Sergeant Major For The Wig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sergeant Major For The Wig!

I hope everyone joins me in congratulating Kiev Thomason on his appointment to the post of Sergeant Major for the Western Independent Grays!

He brings a wealth of reenacting experience to this position, and will undoubtedly serve well for the men of the Battalion.

Congratulations Kiev!
    Last edited by BrianHicks; 12-03-2007, 10:28 PM.
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Re: New Sergeant Major For The Wig!

Corn for everyone! Congrats, Kiev.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Bully for King Corn ! Kiev, also thanks for the great Fed. frock. I believe my wife is getting tired of me modeling if for her every night.:D Is it 2008 yet !
      Congratulations,
      Eric
      Eric N. Harley-Brown
      Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

The War Rooster was given the raw deal! I demand a recount. The conspiracy continues! :tounge_sm

Congratulations Corn King. Parched corn for eveyone!
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

I think now Keiv should try his Bubba impression.Except in stead of shrimp,try corn."Fried corn,baked corn,boiled corn,corn on the cob,creamed corn,mashed corn..."
          Cullen Smith
          South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

My advice to Kiev:

"THE THIRD BAND WILL SAVE YOUR HAND"
            John Duffer
            Independence Mess
            MOOCOWS
            WIG
            "There lies $1000 and a cow."

Comment

What's a Sergeant Major do, again? :)

Comment

He keeps time for the command doesn't he? Oh... wait... that's what the bugler does doesn't he? :p

Hmmm.... he... uh... makes sure young Officers allow their men the opportunity to top off their canteens before it's too late?

How about.... uhhh... he supervises the Orderly Sergeants, helps supervise the organization of the Guard and other details and assists the Adjutant with paper work? :)

Oh yeah... I almost forgot, he pretty much does what ever the heck else he wants to, since there usually aren't too many folks around wiling to tell him other wise! :angry_smi
                Brian Hicks
                Widows' Sons Mess

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Mr. Duffer, you also forgot,

"Don't Finger F*$# Your Musket"

Congrats Kiev, I know you will do a stand up job. You have some big shoes to fill, but I know you will fill them. Good luck and was great to see you this weekend.

Justin
                  [B]Justin Morris[/B]
                  [B]Independent Rifles[/B]
                  "And All of Hell Followed"

Shiloh, IR Confederate Campaigner Adjunct Battalion, Cleburne's Division, March 30 to April 1, 2012

Comment

Kiev,

Congrats! You'll do great!
                    Matt Woodburn
                    Retired Big Bug
                    WIG/GHTI
                    Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
                    "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Thanks Guys!All of your words will not be taken lightly.I will do the best I can and I hope to do the job half as well Brian has.He has been a great Sgt.Major and friend.I did the job for a few events and other groups....but I will work as hard as I can to keep the men of the WIG in good care.

I thank Mr.Milbert for giving me the chance.You all can call on me when needed.I work for you all.
                      Kiev Thomason
                      a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
                      WIG
                      Armory Guards
                      Forest Park Lodge #399
                      Forest Park GA.

Comment

The Vicksburg Superchicken says:
                        "Bocka, Kiev's the man, bocka bocka!"

Seriously, you'll do great!

Mr. Hicks: Thanks for all of your efforts, too!
                        John Wickett
                        Former Carpetbagger
                        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Congratulations Kiev.
                          Respectfuly, the Sgt. Major doesn't labor over whether or not an officer "watered" his men...that's the work of Sgts. of the particular company. Of course a Sgt. Major can reenforce this duty at a NCO call at the pleasure of the Sgt Major.

Go get em Kiev.
                          Dennis Neal
                          Dennis Neal
                          "He who feels no pride in his ancestors is unworthy to be remembered by his descendants"
                          David F. Boyd, Major 9th Louisiana
                          Visit the site of the 16th Louisiana at
                          [url]http://www.16thlainf.com/[/url]
                          J. M. Wesson Lodge 317

Comment

Originally posted by boreguard View Post
                            Congratulations Kiev.
                            Respectfuly, the Sgt. Major doesn't labor over whether or not an officer "watered" his men...that's the work of Sgts. of the particular company. Of course a Sgt. Major can reenforce this duty at a NCO call at the pleasure of the Sgt Major.

Go get em Kiev.
                            Dennis Neal
                            Respectfully... the care of the men is always a priority, especially when the NCO's of lesser rank, or other leaders of a unit have somehow neglected to insure that the men have had the chance to fill their canteens when the situation is quickly developing to the point that the opportunity to top off will soon not be viable, and the activity level is going to quickly escalate for what could potentially be an unknown period of time; after which many of the men, who were already fatigued and at the end of the event, faced long drives of several hours. The cumulative effects of exhaustion and dehydration can be deadly in such situations. (This I know all to personally... I had a student at the Scout/Sniper School... a SSgt... who failed to stay hydrated, and attempted the three mile drive to his barracks at the end of field week. He perished in a single vehicle wreck. Now... no one desires for such a tragedy to happen at the end of a reenactment event... do they?)

If the Sergeant Major (Me that is) was in error for laboring 'over whether or not an officer "watered" his men'... then I'll take the hit on this one. But in my military experienced mind and heart... I know that it was the right action to take.

Let us never forget that the welfare of the men is the greatest responsibility we as leaders must carry. (Mission accomplishment can not be achieved if the men can not perform their duties).

As the Senior Enlisted Man in the unit, the Sergeant Major must always keep the welfare of his fellow enlisted men in the forefront of his mind.

I have no doubt that Kiev knows this, and will exemplify it in all aspects of his performance as Sergeant Major for the WIG.
                            Last edited by BrianHicks; 12-04-2007, 11:16 PM.
                            Brian Hicks
                            Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

Congratulations big man, you will do great. You have always been a big help to me with your knowledge.
                              sigpic
                              Grandad Wm. David Lee
                              52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
                              - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X