MOVIE: Fields of Freedom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVIE: Fields of Freedom...

Has anyone seen this? Input, opinions, information?

Re: MOVIE: Fields of Freedom...

I saw it in Gettysburg, and thought it was pretty good, the camera work was great, and the reenactors looked pretty good to. It was a good movie but a little short but it left me with a feel of awe when it was over. I'd love to see it on TV or get a DVD of it. I think its worth the time to go see if it's still running up at G'burg.
    Robert Ambrose

Park Ranger
    Fort Frederick State Park, Maryland
    5th Virginia Infantry Co. K

Comment

If they do make it for tv,I want some more money.Those of us who worked on it can tell you making it was a pain,heat wise.I think on Sunday,we had 8 guys fall out from heat.But I met a lot of great people working on it.So I'm glad I made it.Now,I just wish I can see it.
      Cullen Smith
      South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

I'm in agreement with Mr. Ambrose. This past Remembrance Day, we took a group of local Boy Scouts on a tour of the battlefield and then later that evening to the Gateway Gettysburg to see the film.

I thought that it was expertly shot, sound was great, and the special effects were well done (also a good soundtrack, by the way). However, the overall length was short enough to dissatisfy our attendants. Thirty minutes just didn't amount to the cover charge to get in (mind you, with nearly thirty people = about $180).

As time consuming or costly as it may sound, I think that they should play the film near the battlefield and charge a smaller fee there. I believe more people would go and thus they could still make enough money. Just a thought...

- "History major, Cinema minor" Mess
        Jason C. Spellman
        Skillygalee Mess

"Those fine fellows in Virginia are pouring out their heart's blood like water. Virginia will be heroic dust--the army of glorious youth that has been buried there."--Mary Chesnut

Comment

Best food I've ever eaten on a film set. Killer pasta and good sauce for outside the New York metro area.
          Jason R. Wickersty
          http://www.newblazingstarpress.com

Received. “How now about the fifth and sixth guns?”
          Sent. “The sixth gun is the bully boy.”
          Received. “Can you give it any directions to make it more bully?”
          Sent. “Last shot was little to the right.”
          Received. “Fearfully hot here. Several men sunstruck. Bullets whiz like fun. Have ceased firing for awhile, the guns are so hot."

- O.R.s, Series 1, Volume 26, Part 1, pg 86.

Comment

I agree with Cullen "Goodbar" and Jason. Great time, great experience, GREAT food, great friends and I could really go for a "Diet Sprite and Cashews". hahaha

:wink_smil
            Guy W. Gane III
            Casting Director/Owner
            Old Timey Casting, LLC.

Member of:
            49th NYVI Co. B
            The Filthy Mess

Historian since 1982 - Reenactor since birth - Proud Member of the 'A.C.' since September 2004.sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X