What size are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What size are you?

Back when I was in re-enacting I was 5'8-5'9 and 150lb which is still a little over average I guess. Now I am 5'11 and 200+ lbs- WAY too fat. I need to loose 60 lb or so before I can think about re-enacting again
    Mark Taylor

Comment

I'll add my 2 cents worth.
      6'3", 260 lbs
      Shirt 18 1/2 Chest 52"
      Pants 40-42 depends on what make or who makes them.
      Shoe/Boots 13 wide.
      For my shirts and jackets my wife and daughter makes a lot of them. Pants once in a while.
      Have a good New Year.
      Jim "Doc" Bruce
      War means fightn and fightn means killn.
      L 'audace, l 'audace, Toujours l 'audace.
      Every man must know his limitations.

Comment

I already posted my size but for frame of reference, I am 6'3" 275-280. I am actually a runt compared to most of the men on my mother's side of the family tree. They tend to go above 6'5" and 6'6". It is a branch of an old German family, Wolfe, with a bit of Welsh mixed in there. My ancestors on my father's side, with the exception of a few notable cousins, are mostly in the 5'8" to 5'11" 150-180 range. My GGG Grandfather on my father's side, who fought in the 61st Illinois, and I look exactly alike in facial features but I dwarf him in height.
        Matthew S. Laird
        [email]CampMcCulloch@gmail.com[/email]
        [COLOR="DarkRed"]Rogers Lodge #460 F&AM

Cane Hill College Mess, Company H, McRae's Arkansas Infantry
        Auxiliary, New Madrid Guards Mess
        [/COLOR]
        [I]"An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry. "[/I] Thomas Jefferson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Why not,

5'11" 170 lbs. which is better then 4 months ago, when it was more like 205 lbs.:confused_
          Andrew Martin
          GHTI/WIG

"Schedule... for anyone who gives a sh*t"
          150TH Manassas July 22-24 2011 (Highlight was finding a 6 pack of piss warm Old Style beer in "Tent City" for $20 bucks! on Sat. best purchase I think I've ever made)
          200th Battle of Tippecanoe Nov. 5-7 2011 (Wow.. a moving and emotional event, had our 4th US Infantry colors dedicated the right way)
          150th Shiloh Mar 30- Apr 1 2012

Comment

I wear size 1 (32) trousers and size 2 (38) coat.

Patrick Abbey
            Patrick Abbey

Liberty Rifles
            SC Society

Comment

I am 5'9" with a 40 inch chest and 33 inch waist, but I am also 51 years old. 15 years ago I was 15 pounds lighter and had a 30 inch waist. I wonder what size an average 50 year old WBTS soldier wore.
              Joe Allport

[I]...harbors bushwhackers and bushwhacks himself occassionally...is a shoemaker and makes shoes for all the bushwhackers in the neighborhood.[/I]

Texas Ground Hornets
              Co. F, 1st Texas Infantry
              Shoemaker

Comment

Since everyone else has...
                I'm 6'2" 225 lbs, 48 coat and 42 trousers. I take after the Norwegian side of the family.:)

Peter Gross
                Peter Gross

Comment

I have a 32" waist (size "1" trousers?). Not sure of jacket size (39-40" chest, last I measured). Shoe size is 8 1/2. Height is 5'8", 165 lb., give or take a few lbs, depending on the time of day & the most recent "march." Hat size is 7 5/8.
                  Charles Kibler
                  Co. A, Chesapeake Volunteer Guard
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  [I]"I have been up to see the Congress and they do not seem to be able to do anything except to eat peanuts and chew tobacco, while my army is starving."[/I]
                  Robert E. Lee

Comment

There is really of everything, young, old, small, great, big, slender, small feet, big feet, big heads, small heads, etc. Americans, English, Irish, German, etc. There is also French:cry_smile
                    It is beautiful the humanity;)
                    William Miconnet
                    French Mess
                    AES
                    BGR & IPW Survivor
                    Never ever give up!
                    In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
                    I believe!

Comment

I am 5' 9" and 130 pounds, about a 35" chest and 29" waist but with a 7 3/8 hat and 10.5" feet! I end up with small size 1 stuff but huge hats and boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Alleman View Post
                        I always noticed in EOG and found it interesting,on page 139 there is the Pvt. Garret Gouge coat and it is a Tait jacket made for someone 5 ft. 9 inch a 39 inch chest and 34 inch waist. I myself am a 40 chest and a 34 waist and I am 5 ft. 10 inches tall. We always think of soldiers being slim but this size is not so small. How do you measure up?
                        OK, this is what started this thread...

It is a true statement for men living the life a soldier with constant activity and limited sustenance. For all my fellow reenactors who want to prove their authenticity in this thread, enjoy.

Frankly I read the boasting about waist size and weight and all I think about is narcissism and Paris Hilton...

I know what a size 4 sack coat is supposed to be... and it don't fit so I need to make my own or get it tailored.
                        Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

six foot 200 lbs, 44 coat 34 pants
                          Regards
                          Chris Bauer
                          [I]Chris Bauer[/I]

Comment

Working...
                          X