This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jersey Skillet Licker defunct?!

Back in 2001, when I first got involved in the authentic movement, Dennis Conklin (the person who brought me over to the dark side) gave me Skillet Lickers web address. Over the years I never made any large purchases with Joe, always misc. items etc. In March 2003 I met him at the Fort Granger Living History and bought my federal forage cap made by Greg Starbuck, that hat still serves me today, almost 5 years later right next to the last thing I purchased from Joe, a nice folding mirror about 6 months ago.

Years ago, my old messmate Andrew "Abner" Martin made painted ground cloths, floor cloths and pipes for Joe, among various other small items, and Abner always spoke well of Joe. Even after Abner sold out of the hobby he would ask about him etc. Sad to see Joe hang up the sutler shingle and move on to greener pastures. Thanks for the cap and assistance.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Comment

The seventh profile on this site is Joe with a quick blurb about his business at the time.

Kind regards,
      Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Joe has posted a statement:
        Paul Calloway
        Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
        Proud Member of the GHTI
        Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
        Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Working...
        X