Problems at NYS Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems at NYS Archives

Have received an update from the AG, verifying that my purchases were, in fact, part of the State's collection.

Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted.

The letter does state what was previously mentioned regarding eBay reimbursing me once the items are returned. We shall see.

Any updates on your end, Rob?
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Hello Marc,

No, I have not heard back from the AG yet. I contacted the AG after receiving the letter and he said he would get back to me with any information they came up with but so far I have not heard anything. I will keep you posted.
      Rob Walker
      Co. H
      119th NYSV
      Old Bethpage Village Restoration

Old Bethpage Village Restoration and Castle Williams on Governors Island safe for now. Thank you to everyone for your help!!

"There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness"

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinGuardsNYSM View Post
        Have received an update from the AG, verifying that my purchases were, in fact, part of the State's collection.

Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted.

The letter does state what was previously mentioned regarding eBay reimbursing me once the items are returned. We shall see.

Any updates on your end, Rob?

I'd be curious to see what Ebay might be on the hook for? Certainly the fees they collected as part of the transaction but what else? They didn't do anything fraudulent. Maybe they are doing it to protect their good name.

Please keep us posted as to what is going on.

Thanks
        Bob Sandusky
        Co C 125th NYSVI
        Esperance, NY

Comment

I believe that E-Bay is held responsible to the extent that they facilitated the sale of stolen artifacts. However, I am sure that Ebay will in term sue him for breach of contract for selling stolen artifacts. I wish you both luck in obtaing funds from either Ebay or the state.

Jill A. Pierson
          Jill A. Pierson
          [email]Chesnutmor@aol.com[/email] and [email]jillpierson@yahoo.com[/email]
          "....It is history that teaches us to hope."
          Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
          X