Noggin Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noggin Size?

In a trade magazine I found an article giving this data...

"The average hat size for a man is 7 1/4 in the United States and 7 1/8 in the United Kingdom or what measures 58 centimeters in a European size, according to www.mensflair.com"

Also, you can measure hat size by taking a tape measure and place it right above the person's brow ridge in the middle of the forehead and go around to the occipital bone in back.On the side the tape should be 1/8 inch above the ear. How tight you hold the tape is how tight the hat will fit. You can take the number of inches and divide by pi(3.14 History Majors) to get the hat size. For instance 23 inches divided by 3.14 = 7.3.

Famous noggins include:

John F. Kennedy = 7 5/8
    Babe Ruth = 7 1/2
    Ulysses S. Grant 7 3/8
    Abe Lincoln 7 1/8
    Fred Astaire 7 1/8

From "Wearables Magazine, February Edition"

Mark Berrier
    North State Rifles
    Mark Berrier

Re: Noggin Size?

I have seen some close-ups of a CS kepi in a museum (I believe the SCCRR in Columbia) with an original tag with size 6 15/16. Now that is a custom cap!
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

That is good to know.I am forced to wear a size 9,(that's right,a 9 ) Hardee hat.When I ordered a kepi from Don Smith,he could only get his hat block up to an 8.Even after modification with leather,the kepi still didn't fit.
      Cullen Smith
      South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

[QUOTE=tenfed1861;93626]That is good to know.I am forced to wear a size 9,(that's right,a 9 ) Hardee hat.

Cullen, you are definitely "cranially endowed". We have a distributor for the big headed cap wearers, but it only goes up to 26 3/4 in circumference. That's a 8 1/2. Man, what do you do when you wanna wear a hat? Jeeeez.

I had some caps made for a customer once and I believe he was a 8 1/4. That's the biggest I've ever come accross. You definitely have my sympathy:confused_.

Mark Berrier
        Combinations Screen Printing & Embroidery, Inc.
        Mark Berrier

Comment

Get a hair cut and PRAY!!!Let the hat stretch out some.With Tim Allen gone,I'm not sure who will make my hats from now on.:cry_smile
          Cullen Smith
          South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Working...
          X