No announcement yet.

Southern Museum - CS KIT Donation ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Museum - CS KIT Donation ?????

I am done with the hobby and rather than sell off my stuff.. If I knew it would be utilized to educate I would prefer to donate some really good and complete CS kit, 85% of which is from A/C approved vendors. Garments, guns, shoes blankets the works

If there is anyone representing a Southern museum that would be interested in a donation of CS kit to use in a display, perhaps on a mannequin please PM me.

Bonafides required.

I can easily cover AOT, ANV and early war with what I have.

Re: Southern Museum - CS KIT Donation ?????

Friend,

I'm sure the SCCRR&M would be more than interested. Email me and we can dicuss further. They'll be heavily using such articles well into the future as they just expanded.

Regards,

Neill Rose
    PLHA
    ironscout1861@bellsouth.net

Comment

Contact CJ Roberts at the Tampa Bay History Center and see what the needs are for the new museum going up.
      Ross L. Lamoreaux
      rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

The Magee farms historical site would most likley be interested in that kit.

Pm me for more info...
        Tyler Gibson
        The Independent Rifles

Comment

Mr. Rideout,
          What you've done is a very kind service. I do something like this every year. Yardage that doesn't sell I donate to various historic sites so that the volunteers will look period correct, sometimes I even make the clothes in various sizes for them so that everything is ready made. I don't sell clothing, I just enjoy handwork and find it relaxing. Sometimes the gift of a complete period outfit does more good for the membership than the cash donation. And more often than not, it's helping those younger people who will continue with the hobby, it's those young people who need the generousity:D
          Mfr,
          Judith Peebles.
          No Wooden Nutmegs Sold Here.
          [B]Books![B][/B][/B] The Original Search Engine.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. After phone conference today with a good group, I think I have secured someone who will put it to immediate use to support a CS based display.

I thank the AC community for years of lurking and research. Keep up the great work and events.

Sherman and Mr. Peabody, "set the WABAC Time Machine for 1941 and the Western Front"
            Last edited by OldKingCrow; 03-05-2008, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X