Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Channel: Civil War Combat

Hello all,
    I was just wondering how many battles they did for the series Civil War Combat? I have four DVDs Shiloh, Wheatfield, Cold Harbor, Bloody Lane. I think these were well done and was just wondering if there were any other ones.
    Thanks
    Tyler McHone
    Liberty Rifles

Re: History Channel: Civil War Combat

They did 3 sets of DVD'S. The one you have is the first set. The second has Little Round top, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Bull Run. The 3rd set I know has The Crater, Chickamauga, Franklin, and Culps Hill. I have the 1st and 2nd sets and can't seem to find the 3rd.
    Last edited by reb290; 03-22-2008, 09:29 PM.
    [FONT="Georgia"][/FONT] Aaron Bolis
    1st. co. Richmond Howitzers

Comment

Hi,

I looked under shop History channel, and it only had the DVDs that you wrote about.
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Tyler,

Hello!

I also have Gettysburg and another on General Grant, both from the series Civil War Combat.
        Respectfully,
        Mark Bond
        [email]profbond@cox.net[/email]
        Federal Artillery

Comment

I also have "Series 1" (Cold Harbor, Shiloh, Bloody Lane at Sharpsburg, Wheat Field at Gettysburg), and I also cannot find ANYWHERE season 2 or 3, which is a shame, as I know a bunch of the guys who did The Crater (they fired the Coehorn mortar, and such) and I've been looking for sometime for the 2nd and 3rd season. If anyone finds a place online, please share it with the rest of us!
          -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden
          Co. A, 1st Texas Infantry
          One of the "Three Jesi", and founding member of the Shire Mess.
          Part of the Chocolate People Mess, of the Texmosippiana Society...

Comment

This is the only place that I could find that has some of set 2 and 3. It isn't all of them but some and you have to download them. They are hard to find. I was watching Cold Harbor the other day and it just gave out and broke and I can't find a replacement.

This groundbreaking series brings four of the most famous engagements of the Civil War to life like never before.
            Last edited by reb290; 03-22-2008, 10:56 PM.

Comment

If you want a Cold Harbor replacement, you can always buy the series from the HC called "The Last Days of the Civil War". It has the Cold Harbor feature, and also "April: 1865", which was my favorite part of the dvd set. It also features the biographies of Lee, Davis, and Lincoln.
              -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden

Comment

Thanks to all. If any of you find anything else let me know.
                Thanks again
                Tyler McHone
                Liberty Rifles

Comment

I think April 1865 is worth the price alone.

It simplifies how a good majority of the CS wanted to go guerrilla (how close it was to doing it) and who was against it and who stood up and led for returning to being good American citizens. It also demonstrates how He personally went about helping the assimilation of Negroes into Richmond society. That same grey bearded fellow on a dapple gray is reviled today in certain circles...his name taken off of schools, parks, streets etc.

It also shows certain Federal generals, for whom Southron hatred still rages, at the end of the day ended up cutting the South a pretty fair deal to what amounted to coming back into the Union as if the war never happened. (and the hell they caught in the north for it).

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I've watched April: 1865, but if it were a vhs cassette, it probably would have worn down the tracking, and broke by now! HAHA

Off topic: Did anyone watch/enjoy the HC production of Sherman's March?
                    -Ty "Tic-Tac" Gladden

Comment

Where did you guys get the second set? I got the first set from the History Channel but they didn't have the second or third sets.
                      Andrew Turner
                      Co.D 27th NCT
                      Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Comment

I saw April: 1865 a while ago on the HC adn really enjoyed it. As for the second set, I got it as a Christmas present. A couple years ago when I was in Gettysburg I saw they had the 3rd set so if your in the area check out some of the stores.
                        I watched/taped Shermans March and thought it was ok. One of the Calvary guys up here was in it.
                        Last edited by reb290; 03-23-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed watching Shermans March. I thought it was a good docu-drama.
                          Tyler McHone
                          Liberty Rifles

Comment

Working...
                          X