Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from a long Hiatus

Hello all!

I used to be pretty active in the progressive/campaign re-enacting (my last event was Rich Mountain the summer after my Freshman year), however, The Citadel and my obligations with my NROTC unit have kept me quite busy and I have missed out on many an event I would have liked to participate in.

With the summer coming, I have promised myself to get to at least one event, But I wont know for sure which one until I get my summer cruise orders. Are there any events happening in the Southeast this summer that should be an absolute "no miss"? (I live in the Metro Atlanta area so the closer the better).

Thanks in advance for the input and advice,

Respectfully,
    Bill Hughes

PS I wasn't sure where to put this so if it is not in the right spot please move it as needed.

Re: Back from a long Hiatus

If you can e-mail me a picture of your CS impression (if you have one),I may be able to talk to a friend about letting you in on a living history we're doing at Chickamauga for the anniversery.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Hey man... class of 2001 here..

send me a PM and we can chat. Im currently in Iraq, but will be back in the early summer. I am located in Savannah when back in the states. Also when you report back the "del" you can get a 3 day overnight for events. Yeah I did it and I wasn't a member of the "under-authentic" salute gun unit. I have plenty of gear if your lacking. I was also at Rich Mountain as a LT in CS Bn.

cheers
      [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
      [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Bill,

I don't know if there is "no miss" event this summer. But the South-East Coalition of Authentic Reenactors (SCAR) has several events planned this year. You've already been pointed to the Chickamagua Living History in September. If you have the time, we need more Union stalwarts for the Battle of New Hope Church the last weekend in May. I hope that helps...
        Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Kennesaw Mountain Living History June 20-22
          Impression 11th Iowa Co.G

Contact me if you are interested.
          Nathan Hellwig
          AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
          "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I believe Cullen was referencing a Confederate Living History at Chickamauga this anniversary. College students/young men with top quality impressions wanted.

See the information on Co. Aytch at Chickamuaga
            [FONT=Garamond]Patrick A. Lewis
            [URL="http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/"]bullyforbragg.blogspot.com[/URL]

"Battles belong to finite moments in history, to the societies which raise the armies which fight them, to the economies and technologies which those societies sustain. Battle is a historical subject, whose nature and trend of development can only be understood down a long historical perspective.”
            [/FONT]

Comment

Pickett's Mill
              Dallas Ga
              Don't know what the registration/standards are, but look in the "events" area
              Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
              Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Working...
              X