Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a "qoute"

All,
    I am looking for a quote I read somewhere about the parting of soldiers at the end of the war. The beginning of it sound something like "I have never been so sad as I was the day that I" ...."left them for the last time". I know that doesn't help much, but it is an outstanding quote, and I'd like to find it again. Thanks!

Brandon Jolly
    V/R
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Looking for a "qoute"

Google the start of the quote. You may be able to find it that way. Works when students copy papers for the internet.
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

"I did not feel more sad when I left home than I did as I shook, probably for the last time, the stout hands of the brown, honest, generous-souled soldiers who have gone through three years of war with me... I didn't know how much I loved them and they me until I was leaving them... I rode back to my tent after bidding them good-bye and sat down almost in agony, and thought and thought of the gallant past..."
      - Stephen Forbes

It was on the 'cover' of the AC's Special Edition of May 2005. Real nice photo, too.
      Best regards,

Linda Sanson

Comment

That's the one!!! Thanks Linda!

Best,
        Brandon Jolly
        V/R
        [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X