How to donate to the SCCRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to donate to the SCCRR

The SC Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum made the first substantial payment towards purchasing the McRae Papers Collection in January 2007. Funding for the second payment must be raised by June, with the final payment due in December 2007. The museum greatly appreciates the support of the Living History community.

Contributions are accepted as check, money order, or credit card and can be sent to:

Shirley Schoonover
    SC Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum
    301 Gervais Street
    Columbia, SC 29201

Please contact Shirley Schoonover at 803-737-8095 with any questions regarding contributions.

If one prefers PayPal, I can accept payments at dustyswb@verizon.net and your contribution will be forwarded to the SCCRR through the ACPP.
    Last edited by dusty27; 03-19-2008, 08:59 PM.
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Re: How to donate to the SCCRR

Folks,

Thanks for everyone's consideration of this highly worthwhile project. How often does one find a collection such as this? I can honestly say that this will probably be the single most significant discovery of Confederate supply and finance related documents in my lifetime. We haven't even scrtatched the surface either! Along with the I&C invoices are official communication between McRae, Richmond, other contractors, etc. All very specific and often on letterhead. As time goes on, we envision much being written about this collection and all it's paradigm-challenging information.

I'd really like to thank Dusty, Paul and all the others involved in this great project. I'd also like to thank my friend, Allen Roberson, for the opportunity to be a part of this undertaking. We've got a lot to accomplish in a short period of time folks so grab your proverbial checkbooks! Let's make this happen for posterity.

Regards,

Neill Rose
    PLHA
    Last edited by Iron Scout; 02-12-2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X