Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD II field modifcations

Hi,

I searched the forums and could not come across what I am looking for. Did the CS troops modify their jackets by adding exterior pockets such as the Federal did?

Thanks,

Kevin Coyle
    4th Texas Recruit
    Kevin Coyle

Re: RD II field modifcations

You might find this thread of use:

They did modify their equipment. There is ongoing debate about NVA soldiers cutting off the shoulder straps and/or belt loops from their RD II. This practice (along with other reasons such as shortages of manpower and raw materials) leads to the RD III without the straps. However there is a strong argument that the straps we seen missing in pictures were often removed by relic hunters from dead soldiers. As far as adding pockets, I don't want to comment until I have time to locate a source. However, I think we are safe to say that equipment was modified and winter quarters (especially near major thriving cities) would have given soldiers ample time to do so themselves or find someone who could. Hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by lukegilly13; 05-26-2008, 07:13 PM.
    Luke Gilly
    Breckinridge Greys
    Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

Re: RD II field modifcations

Hello

Here are my thoughts on this subject from both observations of study and having served myself. Nothing is the service has changed with the exceptions of uniforms and weapons and if you realy look and read you will find this to be ture "that in times of war men will alter there uniforms to make them more usable to there needs if you really pay attention you will even see it on you nightly news.
      [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="5"]Jasper Massey.
      [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"]Christopher Irelan.
      CFC.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
      X